The Governance tab allows you to send the MIR governance tokens to stake and get the opportunity to take part in polls. Keep in mind that these actions are only available if you’ve sent MIR to stake before. Your stake share matters for your vote.
Aside from taking part in polls, staking is also rewarded in MIR. Rewards are paid out from fees taken from mAsset collateral withdrawal.
To send MIR to stake do the following:
- Go to the Governance tab and press STAKE
- Specify the amount of MIR you’re staking and press STAKE
Enter your wallet password and confirm the transaction by pressing Submit
- Done. MIR tokens sent to stake
There are different kinds of polls:
- Submit text poll
- Whitelist a new mAsset
- Register a new mAsset parameter from the whitelist
- Modify reward distribution for an existing mAsset
- Modify minting parameters for an exising mAsset
- Modify governance parameters
- Send requests to take money from the community fund
At the moment of writing the price of creating a poll is 100 MIR, if the poll reaches the quorum (minimal required amount of votes), the tokens are returned to the poll creator. If not — they’re distributed among all MIR stakers.
To create a poll press CREATE POLL
Before creating a poll it’s recommended you check the forum first. Your question may have been discussed there before. If not, select a poll type, fill in the necessary information and press Submit
To vote in a poll, click on an active poll
Then select your answer - Yes or No, specify the amount of MIR you’re putting on your vote (the more tokens, the more the vote matters) and press Submit
➡️ Next section
⬅️ Previous section
© 2021 BTC.Secure Inc.